Straight on 'Til Morning

So I've come to realize that children are in actuality Satan's messengers bringing the Earth plagues, locusts and H1N1.
I've been truly sick once already, missed almost a whole week of work. WHICH, because I need a certain amount of hours by service's end, I don't have sick days, now I have to work to make up those days and try to not get sick again.
I've gotten a lot of reading done and I've decided that is how I will spend my time, reviewing the recent books.
Straight on 'Til Morning by: Christopher Golden
My sister recommended this to me saying she found it in a used book store and was the first book she ever read all the way through the night. Hmm, big expectations. Does anything ever live up to expecations like that? One of the most mind blasting, earth shattering books you've read (in weeks). No.
It's about a boy, Kevin, who is in love, (of course) with Nikki. Nikki falls for a not so good guy who turns out to be from another world and the book devolves into a twisted Peter Pan with Nikki getting spirited away to a dark Neverland and Kevin and his friends following the second star to the right to save her. I feel that the author started writing the story as a typical coming of age tale, realized those had been done before and decided to add in a little fantasy. Undoubtedly the most surprising, insightful part of the story was a look into what young boys do and talk about when they are alone. My God, they've always had dirty little minds!
I'd say it is moderately recommended, for a not-too-long, somewhat exciting and original story.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts