Latest Quick Reads

I really (really) want to make this blog nice and interesting and updated. So do you know how I am working on doing this? I am writing posts on Word while I’m at work and then e-mailing them to myself and posting them later. Is this bad that I'm doing it when I should be working? I don’t know. I’ll choose no.

I’ve been siiiiiiick. The Honey was really sick with a fever, etc and then I got it from him. Imagine that, I work in a school with disgusting little monsters spewing disease at me for 8.5 hours a day and I get sick from the person who hardly goes anywhere. Hmph. So over this last weekend I was living off Gatorade, the blue kind of course. The Honey came home and showed me the three different shades of blue Gatorade he found for me: light blue, medium blue and dark blue. I give him many hearts.

The current book I am reading is Titan by Ben Bova. So far I’m very much enjoying it. As may have become apparent, I’m a SciFi aficionado. Basically I love it more than anything in the world. I feel SciFi is the perfect art form. What could be more true and telling of a person than what they think, in their wildest imaginings, of the future, of what just might happen? Every time I read a new science fiction novel I get a little thrill because someone has thought of something else interesting and plausible for the path that the human race is following. What could be more epic? And because it’s the future it is all possible, anything could happen. Just thinking about the unlimited(ness) of it makes my head throb.

So this new story, Titan, is part of Bova’s Grand Tour series. This series is about human colonization of our solar system in the late 21st century. From what I’ve heard it deals a lot with sociology and politics, how even as humans leave Earth they will bring with them their old prejudices and ways of living. Interesting… We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts