So this is my life now?

Okay so college: done, finding a job: done, finding a job I will love forever and ever and will let me buy a Mercedes: to do.
In T-Minus 16 days I will be moving to Beaverton, Oregon, to start my first "Real World Job." BUT, in no way is it a career, mainly because I will be making barely over 1,000 a month. Americorps. This is a wonderful program that most people have never even heard of, and for right now, and especially how the economy is going, it is the perfect thing for me. I get some experience (Are B.A.s worth nothing? 5+ years experience for jobs advertised on craigslist? Seriously?) and more importantly a paycheck. And I get that warm fuzzy feeling of giving back.
My dream job though, what my eye has been on for the last 4 years 0f schooling, has been working in a publishing house, being a book editor. But that job I know is a long way off right now. But instead of waiting for my life to begin, I choose to have this lovely little outlet that will track my journey and help me release some of my pent up needs to write and talk about the thing I love most in the world.
Now I'm off to watch Deadliest Catch while playing Spider Solitaire. Oh the joys of leisure time.

Comments

Popular Posts